[Dibbler] Change lease configuration "on-the-fly"?
Keshi LI (gmail)
keshi.li at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 12:03:05 CEST 2009
I use dibbler-server 0.7.1 Linux to test a DHCPv6 client implementation of
I would like to test the following statements of RFC3315:
18. DHCP Client-Initiated Configuration Exchange
18.1. Client Behavior
18.1.8. Receipt of Reply Messages
- Add any new addresses in the IA option to the IA as recorded by
- Update lifetimes for any addresses in the IA option that the
client already has recorded in the IA.
- Discard any addresses from the IA, as recorded by the client,
that have a valid lifetime of 0 in the IA Address option.
My question is how can I make dibbler-server change the lease
configuration "on-the-fly" without restarting the dibbler-server?
I have tried the following:
1. My client exchanges Solicit, Advertise, Request and Reply with
dibbler-server and my client enters BOUND state
2. I modify in /etc/dibbler/server.conf the value of valid lifetime or
address in IA_NA option for my client
3. My client enters RENEWing state and sends Request
4. I expect that dibbler-server send Reply with updated IA_NA,
however, dibbler-server sends Reply with Status Code (NoBinding)
Any help would be apprieciated.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Dibbler