[Dibbler] multiple Cisco relays to Dibbler server

Karl Auer kauer at biplane.com.au
Sun Nov 29 13:28:31 CET 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-29 at 12:44 +0100, Tomasz Mrugalski wrote:
> By saying "I have differnt interfaces" you actually meant: there are
> several links and the network looks like this:
>
>                         server
>                        +------+
> link1------relay1--   |      |
>                     \  |      |
> link2------relay2---int1     |
>                     /  |      |
> link3------relay3--   |      |
>                        +------+

Yes.

> To make this work you have to make sure that each relay will use different
> interface-id. Without this, server has no way to differentiate between
> relays.

It must be possible. I use the Nominum "DCS3" DHCPv6 server in another
job, and it discriminates just fine. I did not have to set up any
interface IDs, or tell the server about them.

>  Make sure that defined interface-id value really matches value of
> the interface-id option added by the relay.

I guess I will have to sniff them out :-(

It would be much nicer if the server did not need hardcoded interface
IDs. That means that if I move a subnet from one interface to another, I
have to reconfigure the DHCP server! Not good.

> I'm wondering if that is the first time this code is actually being used
> (except my tests during development). Cool. :)

I'll let you know how I go. Thanks for the help (and for Dibbler!)

Regards, K.

Karl Auer (kauer at biplane.com.au)                   +61-2-64957160 (h)

GPG fingerprint: 07F3 1DF9 9D45 8BCD 7DD5 00CE 4A44 6A03 F43A 7DEF