[Dibbler] problems and clarifications in dibbler...

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Sun Nov 29 12:49:24 CET 2009

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 somebody known as pRinceSsJaYne FeRnanDez wrote:

> hello...
> Just to clarfiy with regards to the configuration files in dibbler
>server.. do we need to change anything? i mean we have found on the file
>that the interface says "eth0".. we have changed it to Local Area
>Connection since it is windows server 2003(Dibbler Server) and XP(Dibbler
>Client). are we doing this correctly?? do we need to disable the DHCP for
>ipv4??
Yes, you did proper interface change. I think I didn't mention that in the
documentation, because it is kind of obvious that you need to modify
server configuration to match your actual network.

Just to be clear: yes, you need to change configuration. At the very
minimal case, you need to modify at least following parameters:

- interface name (make sure to use double quotes if your interface name
contains spaces, e.g. "Local Area Connection")
- IPv6 address pool to be provided to clients
- DNS address, if you are going to configure DNS for your clients