[Dibbler] problem regarding with server-client PINGs

Jyrki Soini Jyrki.Soini at iki.fi
Thu Nov 26 12:59:47 CET 2009

It looks like you don't have a router on the network that would send
Router Announcements indicating the
prefix is on link. DHCPv6 is only delivering the addresses and on-link
status will be learned from router announcementes.

If I remember right, there is a configuration possibility on Dibbler
server that makes it send address with /64 prefix length
so that the clients will find out being on the same link. That is
working against the definition on RFC, however.

However, I would recommend you to install a IPv6 router or configure
some host to send router announcements
e.g. radvd daemon on any Unix variant will suffice.
--
Jyrki