[Dibbler] question concerning dibbler-server using unicast option

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Thu Dec 3 22:20:41 CET 2009

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 somebody known as Keshi LI (gmail) wrote:

> The problem is that myclient doesn't know the route to 2000::1 yet, so it
> doesn't even send any Request to the wire.
> I think dibbler-server should send Advertise from it's link-local addr i.s.o
> global addr, I'm I correct?
Server should send messages from its link-local address. Global address
should be only used for communication with clients that used global
address. That is because it may be the case that those clients happen to
be on a non-local link and link-local address would be useless for an
attempt to reach them.

To make this short, unicast communication may start from renew message
exchange, not before.