[Dibbler] question concerning dibbler-server using unicast option

Keshi LI (gmail) keshi.li at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 15:06:43 CET 2009

Thanks for your reply, Tomek.
Indeed, RFC3315 section 18.1 implied that, to one client, server sending
only once with server unicast option should be enough.

concerning why I set the gobal IP addr on myclient manually in the first
place, it is because I also saw the following issue when I did the "general
case" as you mentioned in your mail.

Precondition:
I don't set global IPv6 addr on myclient,
I configured dibbler-server to use server unicast option and use 2000::1

myclient send Solicit from its link-local addr to ff02::1:2
dibbler-server send Advertise from 2000::1 to myclient's link-local addr

The problem is that myclient doesn't know the route to 2000::1 yet, so it
doesn't even send any Request to the wire.
I think dibbler-server should send Advertise from it's link-local addr i.s.o
global addr, I'm I correct?

Regards
Keshi