[Dibbler] Routing to a prefix-delegation client

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Fri Apr 3 23:41:27 CEST 2009

Ralph Droms wrote:
> Some solutions to the problem are discussed by Marcus Stenberg and Ole
> Troan in "IPv6 Prefix Delegation routing state maintenance approaches"
> (expired)
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stenberg-v6ops-pd-route-maintenance-00
>
> One solution is an explicit option through which the DHCPv6 server can
> notify the DHCPv6 relay agent, which can in turn insert a route on the
> router hosting the relay agent: "DHCPv6 Relay Agent Assignment
> Notification (RAAN) Option"
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-agentopt-delegate-03
>
> - Ralph

Thanks Ralph. There is some great discussion in that document.

Does the Dibbler server support running a script for each PD assignment?
I do not use a relay agent in my network, since I intend to run the
Dibbler server directly on my users' upstream routers.

If not, do you have an idea of where I could start to add such support
to the source?

Thank,
- Dan