[Dibbler] Routing to a prefix-delegation client

Ralph Droms rdroms at cisco.com
Fri Apr 3 15:22:12 CEST 2009

Some solutions to the problem are discussed by Marcus Stenberg and Ole
Troan in "IPv6 Prefix Delegation routing state maintenance
approaches" (expired) http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stenberg-v6ops-pd-route-maintenance-00

One solution is an explicit option through which the DHCPv6 server can
notify the DHCPv6 relay agent, which can in turn insert a route on the
router hosting the relay agent: "DHCPv6 Relay Agent Assignment
Notification (RAAN) Option" http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-agentopt-delegate-03

- Ralph