[Dibbler] Routing to a prefix-delegation client

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Fri Apr 3 06:12:31 CEST 2009

Thanks for the response Marc. Could expand on some of those ways?

ripng actually works for me in testing, but requires manual
configuration once the prefix has been assigned - that is, with quagga,
once the PD is known, it can be advertised (by the requesting CPE) via
ripng so that the upstream router(s) are informed.

I would prefer to find a way which does not require prior knowledge of
the prefix. I could see having the server install the route at
assignment time (however unclean) would satisfy that case (as long as
you only have one upstream router).

Using radvd and sending router advertisements from the requesting CPE to
the delegating router does not work, since they are both routers.

- Dan