[Dibbler] DOCSIS and Reconfigure support?

John Jason Brzozowski john_brzozowski at cable.comcast.com
Fri Jun 27 22:15:10 CEST 2008

Tomasz,

Here are some links for DOCSIS related documents and specifications.  It is
largely adding support for more options.  However, context as to how the
same is used would be useful.  I can work with you, just say the word.

DOCSIS 3.0

http://www.cablemodem.com/specifications/specifications30.html

DOCSIS 2.0 + IPv6

http://www.cablelabs.com/specifications/cpSpecs.html

DOCSIS CANN DHCP Option Registry

http://www.cablelabs.com/specifications/cpSpecs.html

On the Reconfigure front, if you need some help testing this I can work with
you on this, just let me know.

Good luck with the Phd.

Regards,

John

On 6/27/08 11:04 AM, "Tomasz Mrugalski" <thomson at klub.com.pl> wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 somebody known as Brzozowski, John wrote:
>
>> Any news on when (or if) Dibbler will support DOCSIS?  How about Reconfigure?
> Reconfigure is the last part of RFC3315 that is still unsupported.
> I definetely going to implement it. But it's hard to specify when.
> I'm thinking about 3-6 months. But I can't promise anything.
> Completing my Ph.D is a priority right now...
>
> As for DOCSIS support... well, I don't know. Where can I get a list of
> required options and usage scenarios? A link to a DOCSIS 3.0 spec (and
> some pointers to where DHCPv6 related stuff is defined would be nice).
> Is it just dummy "add bunch of extra options" scenario? I suppose not. Are
> those options specific per client basis (like delegated prefixes or
> granted addresses) or they are shared among clients (like DNS servers
> info)? Without looking at the specs, I even cannot estimate how much time
> it would take.
>
> Tomek

John Jason Brzozowski
Comcast Corporation