[Dibbler] DOCSIS and Reconfigure support?

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Fri Jun 27 17:04:41 CEST 2008

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 somebody known as Brzozowski, John wrote:

> Any news on when (or if) Dibbler will support DOCSIS?  How about Reconfigure?
Reconfigure is the last part of RFC3315 that is still unsupported.
I definetely going to implement it. But it's hard to specify when.
I'm thinking about 3-6 months. But I can't promise anything.
Completing my Ph.D is a priority right now...

As for DOCSIS support... well, I don't know. Where can I get a list of
required options and usage scenarios? A link to a DOCSIS 3.0 spec (and
some pointers to where DHCPv6 related stuff is defined would be nice).
Is it just dummy "add bunch of extra options" scenario? I suppose not. Are
those options specific per client basis (like delegated prefixes or
granted addresses) or they are shared among clients (like DNS servers
info)? Without looking at the specs, I even cannot estimate how much time
it would take.