[Dibbler] Dibbler 0.7.0RC1

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Sun Jan 13 03:13:05 CET 2008

Hi,

I was a little busy lately, so I hadn't time to send this earlier.

Anyway, Dibbler 0.7.0RC1 has been released a few days ago.
There's one, rather big feature and the usual bunch of bugfixes.

This is the first version that supports leasequery. Here's how it works:
Servers provide addresses, prefixes and other configuration options to
the clients. Sometime administrators may want to obtain information
regarding certain leases, e.g. who has been given a specific address or
what addresses have been assigned to a specific client. This mechanism is
called Leasequery. New DHCPv6 participant called requestor has been
defined. Its sole purpose is to send queries and receive responses.
Dibbler provides example implementation. To define a query, command line
parameters are used. This functionality is described in RFC5007.

There are several vendors that are implementing this feature. I hope they
will find my requestor useful during interop testing. Please report any
issues or feature requestes.