[Dibbler] Dibbler Relay Agent

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Fri Feb 1 10:22:22 CET 2008

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 somebody known as chins wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using dibbler relay agent to forward request it receives on eth0 to
> eth1.
> I noticed that the link-address header field in relay forward message is
> empty. I am not sure how to configure dibbler to send that field out.
> Because this field is null/empty my server (ISC DHCP) is crashing.
> Can anyone please tell me how to fix this?
I don't have time to double check, but i think it works as expected. I
suppose you don't have global address on the interface you are forwarding
the packets from (eth0), right?

link-address field name is a bit misleading. That is an address that
allows indentification of the link, NOT link-local address (fe80...).

Also check relay log. I think there will be a warning about not being able
to find global address.

Hope that helps. If not, send me relay-IfaceMgr.xml file. It is stored in
/var/lib/dibbler