[Dibbler] Starting the service in Windows 2003

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Tue Feb 6 22:08:21 CET 2007

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 somebody known as Jason Miska wrote:

> I have installed Dibbler on a windows 2003 box. When I try and start
> the server service, it starts than immediately stops. When I look at
> the server log, it says that there was a fat error starting the the
> interface wasnt present or doesn't support v6 and than says fatal
> error  during CfgMgr initialization. I need some help getting this
> running. Any assistance will be appreciated.
1. Did you modify server.conf, so interface name mentioned in
the server.conf is exactly the same as actual interface name?

2.Do you have IPv6 enabled?
You can make sure by executing "ipv6 install" command. It's described in
the docs somewhere.

3. It's easier to solve problems, when you run dibbler in the console.
Execute command-line version (start->run..., type "cmd" and then in the
console execute "dibbler-server run" command.)

4. If you still can't resolve your problems, send me full log message
printed by dibbler-server and your server.conf file.

Hope that helps,

BTW: Where are you from?

--
Tomasz Mrugalski,              | "We all know Linux is great...it does    |
thomson(at)klub(dot)com(dot)pl |  infinite loops in 5 seconds."           |