[Dibbler] Basic WinXP client/server setup

Brzozowski, John John_Brzozowski at Cable.Comcast.com
Tue Jun 20 20:45:53 CEST 2006

John can you send the output that was generated?

-----Original Message-----
From: dibbler-bounces at klub.com.pl [mailto:dibbler-bounces at klub.com.pl]
On Behalf Of John McQueen
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 2:41 PM
To: dibbler at klub.com.pl
Subject: [Dibbler] Basic WinXP client/server setup

All,

I have installed Dibbler on 2 WinXP CPEs, one to run as a client and one
to run as a server with a hub between the 2 CPEs. Easy enough?

When I run the server and client from the console, the server sees the
SOLICIT, and sends a ADVERTISE. The logging from the client looks as if
the SOLICIT is sent, however the ADVERTISE is not recv'd ( eventhough,
my ethereal capture shows the frame recv'd ).

Any clues?  Any configuration I missed?

Thanks,
John