[Dibbler] Hand out default route information

Wiegand, Steven Steven.Wiegand at NGC.com
Tue Jun 6 16:59:09 CEST 2006

Tomasz,

Thanks for your help.  I used the 'ipv6 nd prefix 8000:0:0:804::/64 3600
1800 no-autoconfig' command.  This replaces the 'ipv6 nd
prefix-advertisement ...' command.  With this, my client received a
default route from my Cisco router and I was able to use Dibbler as my
DHCPv6 server to receive and IP address along with my DNS server and
domains.

This info might be helpful to someone:

*	No ipv6 nd prefix command

	*	Sends RA with a Prefix information option flag of 0XC0

		*	0XC0 = Both the Autonomous address-configuration
& On-link flag bit are set

	*	Global IP address autoconfigured on client
(8000:0:0:804)
	*	Default gateway autoconfigured on client (fe80: ...)

*	ipv6 nd prefix 8000:0:0:804::/64 3600 1800 no-autoconfig

	*	Sends RA with a Prefix information option flag of 0X80

		*	0X80 = On-link flag bit - Managed address
configuration

	*	Global IP address NOT autoconfigured on client
	*	Default gateway autoconfigured on client (fe80: ...)

*	ipv6 nd prefix 8000:0:0:804::/64 3600 1800 off-link

	*	Sends RA with a Prefix information option flag of 0X40

		*	0X40 = Autonomous address-configuration
		*	Host will generate an address by adding the
interface identifier to the prefix