[Dibbler] Hand out default route information

Wiegand, Steven Steven.Wiegand at NGC.com
Mon Jun 5 20:40:43 CEST 2006

I would like to have a host receive a default route along with an
address from the dibbler DHCPv6 server. I realize that DHCPv6 should not
configure routing, but here is my problem.

 In my current configuration I have a Dibber DHCPv6 server, a Dibbler
DHCPv6 Windows 2003 client, and a relay router (Cisco) between them.
I'd like my host to only get the DHCPv6 assigned address and not an
autoconfigured address from the router's RA.  If I enable the DHCPv6
client, I receive the desired IP address, but I also receive an auto
configuration address from the router.  Now I have two addresses.  If I
suppress the RAs from the router (ipv6 nd suppress-ra), I will only have
one address (from the DHCPv6 server), but I then have to configure a
default route manually on the host.  I wanted this as automated as
possible without having to manually configure each host.

I looked into disabling the address parameter of the RA process, but I
didn't come across anything.

I saw another posting similar to this and the response was that DHCPv6
should not configure host routing.  I agree with the response, but I
haven't been able to come up with a solution to my problem.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.