[Dibbler] Follow up on the topic of what RFCs are supported

Ian Phan iphan at echelon.com
Sat Dec 16 00:19:30 CET 2006

Hi Tomasz,

Following up on the topic of what RFCs are supported, I noticed in
Misc/DHCPConst.h dibbler supports NTP which is based on an expired
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-timeconfig-02.txt  (or 03.txt.)   The official
DHCP Option Codes from IANA for SNTP (OPTION_SNTP_SERVERS) is based on
RFC4075.  Do you have any plan on supporting this RFC4075 in your next
release?  What should I do, if I have an immediate need for the support
for this RFC?  I can't simply change the constant from 40 to 31, since
RFC4075 does not deal with OPTION_TIME_ZONE, can I?

Are you aware of any other DHCPv6 server that supports RFC4075?

Thanks for your prompt response.

PS: I ran dibbler server on Fedora core 5.0 and dhcpv6 client on VxWorks
6.2 (with the patch to support RFC4075.)

Regards,

Ian Phan