[Dibbler] What RFCs are supported?

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Thu Aug 31 12:45:52 CEST 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 somebody known as Shinichi Mimura wrote:

> 1) What RFCs are supported?
>      I'm looking for a stack supported RFC3315, RFC3633, RFC3646 and
> RFC3736.
RFC3315 (DHCPv6), 3646 (DNS options) and 3736 (Stateless DHCPv6) are
supported.

Support for prefix delegation (RFC3633) is under development. Expected
date for first snapshot (unofficial release) is within 1 month.

> 2) Is there a plan to support option numbers along with IANA(
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/dhcpv6-parameters)?
Seems that some of them has been changed... again. This will be fixed in
the next release candidate, which is expected to be released within 1-2
weeks. If you need to have those option numbers earlier, you can modify
Misc/DHCPConst.h file on your own.

>      Some option numbers are different between packet-dhcpv6.c and one
> defind by IANA.
Hmmm, are you writing to a correct list? This file is part of the
Wireshark (former Ethereal). I'm not sure, but it seems that both
Dibbler and Wireshark use outdated option values. It only affects options,
which are not accepted as standard (e.g. FQDN option).

--
Tomasz Mrugalski,              | "We all know Linux is great...it does    |
thomson(at)klub(dot)com(dot)pl |  infinite loops in 5 seconds."           |