[Dibbler] Re: Assigning addresses from several subnets in Dibbler

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Thu May 19 10:10:40 CEST 2005

On Thu, 19 May 2005 somebody known as [JOIN] Andre Stolze wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the point is not to configure several prefixes on a single link, my question
> was more about if it is possible to set up a server.conf in which the folowing
> works
>
> +----------+
> | client 1 |------------------+
> +----------+    Link 1        |
>                         +----------------+         +--------+
>                         | Router = Relay |---------| Server |
>                         +----------------+         +--------+
> +----------+                  |
> | client 2 |------------------+
> +----------+    Link 2
>

> Now assume that both of the clients wants to get configured and they use the
> same relay as you can see. With the current dibbler there seem to be no way to
> tell the server "If the request is originated on Link 1 take this class and if
> it is originated on Link 2 take the other" The choice of adresses (class) is
> always be done using information of "is relayed"/"is not relayed". So what I
There's some misconfiguration or there's a bug in your configuration.
Teddy Bezancon have sent me a report that he configured very similar
configuration and it works. Here are the details (server.conf, relay.conf
and an image explaining network architecture):

http://klub.com.pl/dhcpv6/cases/case01/

A little bit of explanation: You should have in your server.conf defined 2
relay interfaces. Both of them should have "relay eth1" as they are
reachable (not directly) via eth1. However, each relay should have
interface-id defined diffrerently.

It is essential to define the same interface-ids on relay, so server can
match interfaces reliably. If there is a misconfiguration, server has some
build in emergency procedures and tries to assign an address anyway.

Hope that helps.

Tomasz Mrugalski,              | With Microsoft, failure is not an option.|
thomson(at)klub(dot)com(dot)pl |  It is a standard feature.               |