[Dibbler] Relay Configuration Problem

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Tue May 3 12:51:39 CEST 2005

On Tue, 3 May 2005 somebody known as Jimmy Ott wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i've got problems while configure Relay in following network topology.
> http://www.sunny.ch/downloadfiles/ipv6_workshop.jpg
>
> the routing between the different subnets works, at the moment the
> clients recieve the prefix from the routers R1, R2, R3
One more idea: If your routing between subnets already works, you can
configure server to support unicast (fd00:0:0:3::a) and client to
communicate with that server directly, also using unicast.

Main advantage of this proposal is that you do not have to deploy relays.
But the main disadvantage is that it is... well, really ugly: you would
have hardcode some address on every client config, this would not work if
you'd like to readdress your network and this is generally considered
unelegant. So consider it as your last options, if everything else fails.

In fact it depends what you need DHCPv6 for. If you you need it, for
example, to obtain DNS informations only, this method is quite ok.

--
Tomasz Mrugalski,              | Him not my excellent grammar to criticize I told. |
thomson(at)klub(dot)com(dot)pl |                                   angry Yoda      |