[Dibbler] Problems with multiple relays

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Tue May 3 00:39:56 CEST 2005

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 somebody known as kf wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. Your work is appreciated.
>
> Here is the full view of our network topology. Keep in mind that this is a
> lab-setup:
> http://www.fourdays.com/dibb/Full_network_topology_IPv6.png
I have prepared fixed version, which works fine over 2 relays. Additional
relays (up to 32) should fine. Download sources or Linux binary
to check if this fixes your problem.

Sorry it took so long. I had some serious issues to gather so much
equipment in my home. And debugging something like this (4 hosts) was kind
of a challenge. But I belive it should work now.

http://klub.com.pl/dhcpv6/ Section "Download: unstable"

Take a look at included config files (2-*.conf). To support multiple
relays, server must have defined all relays, one by one. First relay uses
physical (e.g. eth0) as a underlaying interface. Next relay uses the
previous one as underlaying.

This approach has both flaws and benefits: An advantage is that
administrator has a direct control over when requests can arrive.
Disadvantage is that server config file contains some informations about
network structure.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Interesting fact: Ethereal 0.10.9 (a popular open source packet sniffing
tool) does not display RELAY-REPL properly (RELAY_FORW looks ok). I have
inspected RELAY-REPL messages byte after byte and I belive that messages
are generated ok and that it is a Ethereal flaw. If someone belives
otherwise, I'm open for debate or suggestions.

Tomasz Mrugalski,              | "I think there is a world market for     |
thomson(at)klub(dot)com(dot)pl |  about five computers."                  |
                                |     Thomas J. Watson (Chairman, IBM) 1943|