[Dibbler] Use the M and O-Flags of Router Advertisements

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Mon Mar 21 00:56:12 CET 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 somebody known as Harald Schwier wrote:

> Hallo,
> is it possible to configure a dibber client to utilise the M and O-Flags
> send by router advertisements? Perhaps it is once again the wrong mailing list.
> I am not sure if it possible at all to get Informations about the status of his Flags
> on Linux / Windows.
No, I'm afraid those bits are currently ignored. Now that you mentioned
it, I belive I can read those bits (or at least some sum of them) from
/proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/eth0/autoconf file. But I have no idea how to read
such information in Windows systems. This issue was mentioned some time
ago and it is already present in bugzilla (bug #49).

--
Tomasz Mrugalski,              | "I think there is a world market for     |
thomson(at)klub(dot)com(dot)pl |  about five computers."                  |