[Dibbler] Question

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Mon Mar 21 00:44:46 CET 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 somebody known as shenjian wrote:

> Hello Tomasz !
>      I downloaded the dibbler-0.4.0 ,and I use dibbler-0.3.1 now.Thank
>you for your great working! I want to know that if the dibbler-0.4.0
>supports the function of DDNS for IPv6. If it supports , which draft or
>rfc do you write the code according to ?
DDNS? Are you referring to DNS Updates and FQDN option? Well, the short
answer is that it is not implemented. The long one is that some parts of
the option encapsulation are partially implemented, but they are not being
used in any way. And there are severe errors in the code, so it is
completely unusable. Additionaly, DNS Update mechanism is not implemented,
just the FQDN option exchange.

Implementing the whole DNS Update mechanism is a huge task, so this will
not happen anytime soon. However, if you (or anybody else) would like to
help, it would be great. I'll implement this, eventually, but this will
not happen anytime soon. In order to not forget about it, I have placed
bugs #108 and #109 in bugzilla.

> 	  Thank you very much !
You are very welcome. Sorry I couldn't help.

--
Tomasz Mrugalski,              | "I think there is a world market for     |
thomson(at)klub(dot)com(dot)pl |  about five computers."                  |