[Dibbler] Problems with "accept-only"

Christian Carlowitz ccarlowitz at chome.ath.cx
Tue Mar 15 17:34:14 CET 2005

Hello!

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:11:40 +0100 (CET), Tomasz Mrugalski wrote
> I've checked it. It's a bug. I have put it into bugzilla (bug #106).
> BTW: Your description is a most detailed, very clear description of
> the problem. With such superb instructions, I had located and fixed
> this bug in 5 minutes. Good work.
>
> This fix will be incorporated in the 0.4.0 version. I'm building it
> right now. I'll test if it works (which will take some time) and put
> in on the website very soon (think hours rather than days).
>
> [Next day in the morning].
> Ok, here it is:
> http://klub.com.pl/dhcpv6/dibbler/dibbler-0.4.0-linux.tar.gz
> http://klub.com.pl/dhcpv6/dibbler/dibbler-0.4.0-win32.exe
> Can you test it and confirm (or deny) that your problem is fixed? In
> this version it works for me.

Yes, I tried the new version and I can confirm that it works!

> I need to finish several tests and this 0.4.0 release will be
> officially announced.
>
> One more hint for your configuration: I belive you have minimised it
> to pinpoint the problem (which is great). However, in some larger
> configuration, you probably have one larger class and serveral 1-
> address classes for each specified host. If client will ask for any
> address, it will get address from the first free class on the
> server. To make sure, that this specific address is received, you
> should use it as a hint. Note that every value specified in the
> client is only the hint for the server. Here's example config for this:
>
> client.conf:
> log-mode short
> iface eth0
> {
>      IA { address { 2001:6f8:12ff::2 } }
>      option dns-server
> }

Important to know, but not useable in my environment since it is better for me
to use the same configuration for all of 60 clients. Additionally, all
addresses shall be assigned statically so that there isn't any class larger
than 1 address.

Thanks,

Christian Carlowitz