[Dibbler] problem

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Mon Apr 25 13:45:57 CEST 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 somebody known as shenjian wrote:

> DibblerŁŹHelloŁĄ
>   I am an user of dibbler.That is a nice code of DHCPv6.But I do not
>find the option of gateway or default gateway in the FRC3315, neither in
>the dibbler.  So I do not know how to make my computer which uses the
>dibbler to communicate with the other one in the different IPv6 network.
>How can I resolve the problem ? Thank you very much.
Hi. It's a common misunderstanding and I belive it is describebed
somewhere in the documentation. Nevertheless, here's short descripion:

DHCPv6 provides addresses and verious options, it DOES NOT configures
routing. Routing configuration is done by the router, which sends Router
Advertisements (see radvd for Linux, I'm not sure how to configure
Windows router to broadcast RAs). See RFC2462 "IPv6 Stateless Address
Autoconfiguration" for details.

Hope that helps.

--
Tomasz Mrugalski,              | "We all know Linux is great...it does    |
thomson(at)klub(dot)com(dot)pl |  infinite loops in 5 seconds."           |